Which Is More Important: To Say Or To Show?

Home Forums Relationship Issues Love, Romance and dating advice Which Is More Important: To Say Or To Show?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  darlene 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

darlene

“I love you” has never been an easy phrase for me to say, and I don’t even think I’ve ever said it to anyone. It’s not that I cannot say it though, but rather that I don’t want to say it because when I do, it’s not something I want to take back. Plus, it’s very political. It has the potential of making or breaking a relationship. If you say it too soon, then you risk freaking out your partner. If you say it too late, it might be too late to salvage the relationship.

For this reason, I’m just more comfortable showing that I do love the person I’m with. It’s a lot easier, and I feel that in a lot of ways it is the one that counts. Actions speak louder than words. I have ended relationships where the guy told me he loved me but never really showed it. I’ve never ended relationships where the guy showed me he loved me but never told me.

Which is more important, to show it or to say it to your partner?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.