Speed Dating Tips

Home Forums Dating Speed Dating Speed Dating Tips

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  calloffthesearch 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Some top speed dating tips from an experienced host?

I’ve been hosting speed dating events across the UK, mainly in Nottingham, Derby and Manchester for over 2 years now, I really have seen everything there is to see! I’ve had men turn up an hour late, people shaking with nerves & having one too many because they’re so nervous?you name it, it’s happened! We’re only human after all! Whilst this sounds rather daunting I want to tell you that speed dating is actually a really enjoyable experience and if you’re single, a worth while activity.

I’ve lost count of the amount of people who’ve approached me at the end of an event to tell me they were nervous & had doubts about attending but were very pleased they came along as they enjoyed every minute and met some lovely people. Nerves will always kick in before attending a speed dating event?you’ve just got to remember that everyone is in the same boat as you and better still?everyone is there because they genuinely want to find love. If you’re still cautious about attending a speed dating event just think?what have you got to lose?

So to make everything run that bit more smoothly for you at one of our speed dating events I want to share my top tips with you.

1. Make sure you know the venue location & start time
    Gentlemen this one is for you I’m afraid! After hosting many speed dating events I tend to find that the ladies plan very well and arrive in plenty of time but the guys leave it to last minute and usually turn up in a panic. Double check you know where the event is being held, make sure you know where the nearest car park is and arrive in time to get yourself a drink cos there’s nothing worse than turning up late, thirsty and with no time to compose yourself before you start an evening of dating!

2. If attending with a friend?don’t sit next to them!
    Many people turn up with a friend or two to steady the nerves, it’s nice to have someone you know to share the experience with but I would suggest you don’t sit next to your friends throughout the speed dating process for the simple reason that if they want to put you off?they will! I’ve seen lots of ladies sit next to or near to each other and as soon as one date has moved onto the next they start chatting about other participants. This can make others feel a little uncomfortable. Also, the guys might feel you are hard to approach and I’m sure you wouldn’t want that.

3. Enjoy yourself!
    Sounds silly to say but so many people get caught up with nerves & trying to think of questions to ask participants that they forget to just relax and enjoy! Let conversation happen naturally. If it doesn’t then that may be the time to refer to your questions. If all else fails and the date just isn’t working just remember?you’re only with them for the next 3 minutes, it’s not the end of the world!

admin
    Keymaster

Fantastic and informative article, thanks very much. Though you did not mention your company’s name but I will guess that you are Mike Parker of When the Music Stops or am I wrong?

Cheers
    Temi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.