Is getting married a waste of time and money?

Home Forums Relationship Issues Marriage Is getting married a waste of time and money?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

A friend’s daughter got married recently, they had a typical wedding with over 100 guests, no doubt it would have cost the thousands and thousands of pounds. If statistics are to be believed, 50% of marriages in the UK end in divorce and loads of people are not even bother getting married again, just cohabiting.

Well, I personally think getting married is a waste of time, what do you think?

darlene

Marriage is a liability to some but an investment to others. It depends how much money you have and what you expect to gain from it. I suppose in a perfect world, we should all get married for love and live happily ever after. Unfortunately, in the real world it is very far from that.

I joke with my friends, that in fairytales the ‘happy ever after’ is guaranteed because the story ends right during the wedding (as opposed to life after the wedding). So we all expect our love stories to be just like in the fairytales without considering the fact that they never show what life is like after the wedding.

I know a good number of people who have benefited financially, by marrying someone rich. I know one person who lost everything through a divorce (his house, his savings), after his marriage drained the life out of him. I also know a few people who are happily married. So there are all sorts.

At the moment, I am happily UNmarried and I fear that society’s pressure will somehow convince me to walk the ‘aisle of doom’.

I believe an extravagant wedding is a waste of time and money. But I suppose it’s what most women dream about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.