Does chocolate cause depression?

Home Forums Off Topic Health Fitness & Wellbeing Does chocolate cause depression?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  admin 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

People who regularly eat chocolate are more depressive, experts have found.
    Research in Archives of Internal Medicine shows those who eat at least a bar every week are more glum than those who only eat chocolate now and again.
    Many believe chocolate has the power to lift mood, and the US team say this may be true, although scientific proof for this is lacking.
    But they say they cannot rule out that chocolate may be a cause rather than the cure for being depressed.
    In the study, which included nearly 1,000 adults, the more chocolate the men and women consumed the lower their mood.
    Those who ate the most – more than six regular 28g size bars a month – scored the highest on depression, using a recognised scale.
    source: bbc

msmir

Not only that but dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and natural appetite suppressants. A little bit of dark chocolate a day not only help keep cancer at bay but can in the end, as counter-intuitive as this sounds, keep the pounds away too.

Miriam

riri

Well of course it lifts your mood its full of sugar 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

absolutely NO,on the contrary..it helps you and let’s say….”entertains” your brain 🙂

welovedates

I think it’s safe to say if someone is eating that much chocolate a month, they may be trying to overcompensate for something missing in other aspects of their lives.

welovedates

Pascal143

I don’t have idea, but its my personal experience i use to eat alot of chocolates but never I felt it may cause of depression for me, moreover I like it and can’t live without chocolate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.