Do You Believe Your Parents’ Relationships Influences The Success Of Yours?

Home Forums Relationship Issues Do You Believe Your Parents’ Relationships Influences The Success Of Yours?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  darlene 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

darlene

My parents separated when I was very young and it was my mum who sacrificed a lot for me. I?ve never really had a male presence in my life that I could look up to like a dad. I don?t really know what it?s like for my friends who have both parents. I don?t know what a dad?s role is because my mum did a great job in creating a very fulfilling environment for me. This is quite scary because although I get along very well with guys, I have had a string of failed relationships.

One of my biggest fears is that if I ever get married it will not work out because I subconsciously do not know how to make a marriage work. I noticed that many people who are divorced or separated have parents who are also in the same predicament. My close friends who also come from broken families have many relationship issues as well. Do you think the success of a relationship has any relation to our parents? relationships?

datingcoach

Hi,

There are no statistics that suggest you will have a failed marriage if your parents did.

All marriage face problems and it’s just a matter of you both working together right from the start.

So don’t worry about what might be, but focus on finding a fantastic partner!

[]James Preece – Dating Coach and Dating Expert

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.