Did you have any speed dating experience?

Home Forums Dating Speed Dating Did you have any speed dating experience?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I’ve never attended an organized speed dating, and I’m thinking how it actually works. It’s a good thing that you can meet many people in a short time… but I was thinking about this today and… how can you be objective and listed to each and every man/woman that is standing in front of you?
    If I were on an organized one and, from 20 present men, I would see just one that I consider to be my type, I would focus on him no matter to whom I would be talking.
    Also, I would feel disadvantaged if most of the other present women would be sexier or hotter then me, and I would be pesimistic about meeting someone that would call me the next day.
    Did any of you had these problems while participating on a speed dating event?

admin
    Keymaster

Talking of speed dating, I just got this invitation toa nude speed dating, what do you think:

Introducing the ultimate icebreaker! As a result of lengthy research, confident single Londoners are invited to let it all hang out at, our most intimate event to date. This event borrows our standard speed dating format – the only difference being the dress-code. There isn’t one! Giving a whole new to maintaining eye contact, nude speed dating is perfect for the more cocksure amongst us. Why not join us and get woo’d in the nude!

admin
    Keymaster

It will be definitely hard to keep eye contact 🙂 Or concentrate! I think I’m too shy for such an event. But in a couple of years… who knows. Maybe it will become popular and I will consider it.

Lol, nude speed dating? Where’s that ? 🙂

OMG!! Have you got a link for this? The lengths people will go to!!

Voodoo Doll
    Alena;2647 wrote:

I’ve never attended an organized speed dating, and I’m thinking how it actually works. It’s a good thing that you can meet many people in a short time… but I was thinking about this today and… how can you be objective and listed to each and every man/woman that is standing in front of you?
    If I were on an organized one and, from 20 present men, I would see just one that I consider to be my type, I would focus on him no matter to whom I would be talking.
    Also, I would feel disadvantaged if most of the other present women would be sexier or hotter then me, and I would be pesimistic about meeting someone that would call me the next day.
    Did any of you had these problems while participating on a speed dating event?

I went to a speed dating event which was not in my immediately local area so I was not familiar with the venue but I still went and was bitterly disappointed for several reasons.

1) It wasn’t very well organised
    2) There were only 7 men and 6 women
    3) The organiser apologised for the lack of turnout and said it was because she was too busy to promote it.
    4) The clientele left a lot to be desired and some of the men even admitted to having been contacted by the organiser to make up the numbers
    5) The venue was a low end pub which could account for the type of clientele that it attracted
    6) Finally, and I feel most importantly when chatting with the people after the event had finished some of the men mentioned that they did not mark me as a potential for “fear of rejection and that they felt they would have been out of my league”. (Their words not mine) because I was the “sexiest and hottest woman there” (again their words)

Don’t get me wrong, I do not have supermodel looks and figure, but I am reasonably attractive, and I am very well spoken and dress very well and carry myself with confidence.

So in answer to the opening post in this thread, those are the problems that I encountered on my speed dating experience

chonk135

i consider speed dating a mirror of our time. Why on earth would u wanna speed date if u can slow date? I sit that boring and such a waste of time ??? OMG

minglemonkee

True chonk135.. it just gives you the opportunity to meet more people though!

Nude speed dating sounds fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.